The Greater Valley Glen Council has neither discussed this topic, nor taken a position, but nonetheless wants to inform stakeholders so that you might share your opinion with Councilmember Krekorian and also submit your comment to the convenient portal. (All documentation pertaining to the project can be accessed here… Council File 21-0828).
From Friends of Griffith Park:
Did you know the massive Los Angeles Zoo Project is nearing completion of it’s final stages before receiving LA City Council’s approval? Don’t worry, few people do.
The Zoo Project Includes:
- $650 million would be spent on Phases 1-3 of 7 phases, all before the 2028 Olympics
- Goal of increasing attendance by 66.6%, from the pre-COVID-19 level of 1.8 million to over 3 million visitors per year
- Creation of two new Visitor Centers with restaurants for more special events and evening venues
- Addition of a multi-level parking structure in Griffith Park
- A gondola and a funicular would also be constructed within the Zoo property
- Destruction of native habitat including 227 City Protected Trees, including 120 coast live oaks, 60 toyons and 22 California black walnut trees.
You can find out more here: