- This event has passed.
TreePeople Tree Sapling Giveaway
March 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
We are excited to announce TreePeople’s yearly event to get your own tree sapling will take place on Friday, March 17th from 10am – 12pm!
This year we have a variety of large tree species available for adoption:
- Coast Live Oak (Quercus agrifolia)
- Scrub Oak (Quercus berberidifolia)
- Valley Oak (Quercus lobata)
- Toyon (Heteromeles arbutifolia)
- Southern Black Walnut (Juglans californica)
All of our trees are still saplings, which means they are young trees in small pots. Your sapling should be planted directly in the ground at least 40 feet from any other trees or structures and no overhead wires above. They should not be planted in pots. Instructions on how to plant your sapling will be provided at pick-up.
How to participate:
- To reserve your sapling today, email Emily Andris at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up time. Please choose from 10am – 11am or 11am – 12pm on Friday, March 17, 2023. Drop-ins will not be permitted.
- The event will take place at our Coldwater Canyon Park at 12601 Mulholland Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Upon arrival, please park in the parking lot and walk over to the table outside our nursery to pick up your sapling.
- After reserving your sapling, you will receive an email confirming your time slot and our address.
Things to know:
- There is a one-sapling limit per Adoption Event. If you would like to apply for more you will be placed on a waitlist and notified if there are additional saplings available.
- Saplings received through this adoption must get planted on private property, not in the area in front of your house between the sidewalk and the street/parkway. Otherwise, these trees will lift the sidewalk over time due to their size and exceed the height of any overhead wires.
- Please do not attend this adoption if you have not submitted an order with TreePeople. We will have pre-ordered saplings at the event location only.