- This event has passed.
Government Relations Committee
November 17, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us for the next Greater Valley Glen Council Government Relations Committee Meeting on Wednesday, November 17, 7pm.
On our agenda:
Zoo expansion plan
Agenda: November 17, 2021
Join online: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85800824359
Or by phone: dial (669) 900-9128, then wait for the prompt to enter the meeting ID 858 0082 4359 and press # to join the meeting
About Zoo Expansion From Friends of Griffith Park:
Did you know the massive Los Angeles Zoo Project is nearing completion of it’s final stages before receiving LA City Council’s approval? Don’t worry, few people do.
The Zoo Project Includes:
- $650 million would be spent on Phases 1-3 of 7 phases, all before the 2028 Olympics
- Goal of increasing attendance by 66.6%, from the pre-COVID-19 level of 1.8 million to over 3 million visitors per year
- Creation of two new Visitor Centers with restaurants for more special events and evening venues
- Addition of a multi-level parking structure in Griffith Park
- A gondola and a funicular would also be constructed within the Zoo property
- Destruction of native habitat including 227 City Protected Trees, including 120 coast live oaks, 60 toyons and 22 California black walnut trees.
You can find out more here: